The Infinite Book Challenge!!!
There is this very interesting challenge going around on YouTube and I decided to do it too because it looked like fun...and it is. All you have to do is recite as many book titles as you can remember in one minute. Here is my poor attempt.
I know you are probably tired of reading I'm busy and don't get enough time to blog. I also have a YouTube channel now so I tend to balance whatever time I have. As I mentioned in one of my posts, I'm studying for Diploma of Graphic Design and it's almost the last stretch now.... Continue Reading →
I don't think a bookshelf tour is something I can write about, so here's a video for you. Sorry if it's too shaky. It's uploaded on my YouTube channel which is called 'BookShelved' so don't get too surprised when you see the intro.
New feature series: Book cover design: Jurassic Park: Chip Kidd
We all love to look at beautiful book covers and we love to adorn our shelfs with them. There are many blog series around that talk about different book covers - how similar are some covers among other things. We have book cover reveals as well. But what we overlook is that there are people... Continue Reading →
I went to the library after a long time and got a little carried away. The library also had a borrow 12 books within a certain period which did not help. Most are YA because I find YA to be easy reads when I have a lot of work to do. I also borrowed Scandal... Continue Reading →
Hello everyone,Long time no see. I haven't written on my blog for some time now and I do feel bad. I have been super busy though. If I havent mentioned it before, I am doing a Graphic Design Diploma which runs for 11 months and just because it's a 3 year degree cramped into 11... Continue Reading →
11 question meme
So Melody tagged me some time back for this. I had to answer 11 questions, come up with 11 questions of my own and tag 11 more people. So her we go.
1. Who’s your idol? It can be anyone and don’t have to be a celebrity or a public figure.
My Father. He didnt have much growing up and Im inspired by the way he overcame all the obstacles in his life. I hope I can be as strong as he was if I ever face anything difficult.
2. If you can be someone famous, who do you like to be?
I would most probably like to be either a singer or a dancer. Or maybe a famous author, someone like J.K.Rowling or Suzzanne Collins whos books people eagerly await to read.
3. What are your favourite TV shows or movies?
Grey'a Anatomy. Thats the first show that comes to my mind. I saw the first four seasons back to back since I was late catching up. I also like Graham Norton show. I think he's hilarious. I like Don't tell my mother which comes on NATGEO. I even have a little crush on Diego Bunuel.
4. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Why?
I haven't read any of these books (I know) but I have seen the Harry Potter movies. So Harry Potter.
5. Popcorns. Sweet or salty? Why?
Salty. I don't like sweet.
6. Facebook or Twitter? Why?
Both but I prefer Facebook.
7. What are your pet peeves?
I do have a few but can't recall any.
8. Where do you like to go on a vacation?
Egypt, Africa, Spain. Basically the whole world. Bt practically I woudl like to go to Combodia. In fact, I do have a trip planned to Combodia in May.
9. Your most wonderful memories you had last year.
Many to mention
10. What’s your favourite holiday?
Diwali: The festival of lights.
Holi: The festival of colours.
11. Finally, I couldn’t resist asking a bookish question: Would you read a book which has received lots of hype and positive reviews, even though the storyline isn’t what you like to read?
I would probably borrow it from the library and give the first few pages a try. I most probably would not buy it unless it's on super sale or something.
My 11 questions are here
1. Describe your dream prefession
2. Who is your fav anti-hero or villian in literature?
3. How many books do you own?
4. Do you prefer windows or MAc?
5. If there was one place you would like to live for a year or 2 which place would it be?
6. which is your fav disney movie?
7. How many languages can you speak?
8. Which is the song you have been listening to a lot recently?
9. What is your fav TV show?
10. Which is your fav season
11. Which is your fav drink?
It's really difficult for me to tag 11 people, so I tag whoever wants to do this tag. Feel free to do it and let me know in the comments if you do. I would love to read your answers.
Romance Month at Tasha’s (Heidenkind) – Hathaway Series by Lisa Kleypas
Tasha is having a Romance month in December and becaus I love Romance I thought I could take part too. If you haven't visited Heidenkind yet, you should. When I think of Romance, I think of Nora Roberts as she was one of the first I read. But Lisa Kleypas was someoene who introduced me... Continue Reading →
I am going through a lot of contradictory emotions lately. At times I feel like buying a lot of books. I cannot wait to have a house of my own one day and have a small book corner. I want to devour every book from every genre out there. But at times I get very... Continue Reading →