2. What are you reading right now?
Ash by Melinda Lo. Loving it so far.
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
By request if you mean reserve, none. My library charges some amount for reserving books.
4. Bad book habit?
None. Really. May be sometimes I dog ear. Sometimes.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
I have 5 books checked out
Bonobo Handshake by Vanessa Woods
Ash by Melinda Lo
Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner
Yakuza Moon by Shoko Tendo
Disasters from the Edge by Anderson Cooper
6. Do you have an e-reader?
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
This cannot be answered in short but in one word-drastically.
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
The Blue Notebook by james Levine .
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Many-but the latest is Bonobo Handshake which I just finished yesterday. Hope fully a review will be coming up soon.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Once in a while I do.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Memoirs, YA, Romance, Women’s fiction.
13. Can you read on the bus?
I can if I read very slowly.
14. Favorite place to read?
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I avoid lending books to people who don’t handle them properly or worse don’t return them.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Only when they are academic books.
18. Not even with text books?
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English. I also read Marathi sometimes. Hindi takes more time to read.
20. What makes you love a book?
It could be anything from the plot to the writing to the setting.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
22. Favorite genre?
YA, memoirs (non-fiction), Women’s fiction, Romance
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Horror. I just don’t seem to find the right books.
I don’t think I have read many biographies.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
A couple but I’m not a fan.
26. Favorite cookbook?
None. I google.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
For me most of the memoirs I’ve read have been inspirational in some way or the other.
28. Favorite reading snack?
I avoid eating while reading. But chips could work.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
The Handmaids Tale.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I don’t pay a lot of attention to the critics.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I feel bad and uncomfortable but it’s something that has to be done.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
ummm…I don’t remember a book intimidating me.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
35. Favorite Poet?
I don’t read poetry. I love a couple of e.e.Cummings poems though.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Usually 6 because that is the limit.
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
A couple of times
38. Favorite fictional character?
39. Favorite fictional villain?
The Harry Potter one.
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Romance, YA, chick lits
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
A couple of months when there were exams but lately only 10-15 days.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Memoirs of a Geisha. The Magan Fowler version of Anne of Green Gables.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Sometimes, mostly when it’s non-fiction
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
If I don’t like it obviously and if I have to leave it for some reason, it’s difficult to get back in.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
I like to keep my books
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
52. Name a book that made you angry.
The blue Notebook
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
again, The Blue Notebook
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
I was about to leave it halfway but I had already answered 20 so I decided to finish it. There were a few repetitions and besides it was too long. I guess I have less patience these days.