Hi everybody, how are you all. I just thought I would post an in general update before resuming with regular blogging.
We reached Singapore on 8th Dec after a lovely week in Goa.
- We spend the next week setting up house, buying grocery and house hold stuff. My husband (I had wanted to say this for so long 🙂 ) went to work on Monday and I spend time cleaning up the house.
- It’s weird sitting at home doing nothing, I’m going to resume my job hunt asap.
- Singapore is a cool place, very systematic and organized, I feel it even more aswe flew directly from the chaotic Mumbai.
- We visited the Night Safari here and it was beautiful and like everything else very organized.
- I love the weather here, it’s warm, just the way I like it.
- And you know what? I got my Library card from a regional library here and I’m so excited. It’s on my husband’s name as I don’t have my permanent visa yet. There are not many English books but I still love it. It would take me some time before I’m going to be tired of it. I got these, they were all in my wishlist :
- I really like the way Singaporean women dress, they are chic and stylish without being over the top. Not many people wear Jeans here though, so I guess I’ll have to slowly change my wardrobe. It kind of makes sense since it’s hot here.
- Singapore is expensive and I really have to stop converting dollars to rupees everytime we shop.
- We saw 2 movies since we are here:
New Moon: Boring, I mean really: we couldn’t wait for it to get over. I kept telling my husband there is some really nice climax to the story but everything was kind of meh. Jacob was good though and so was the forks background.
RocketSingh-Salesman of the year: Really good concept and a good movie overall. We really liked it.