I know, I know, no book review again. I have a review pending for Big Stone Gap but I’m not in the mood to write it. Also, I’m reading Defenders of the Scroll which is awesome so far. But my progress is slow, not because of the book but because I don’t get the time to read. I have too much work at weekdays and weekends mean endless shopping trips. But I’ll have a review up soon I hope.
Just thought of doing a random post on what all is there on my mind right now.
- First thing is obviously the wedding and the shopping. I have finished with most of the shopping for the reception that will be held on 28th Nov in Mumbai. But my wedding shopping is still pending. October 17th is Diwali, so there is a lot of crowd shopping for the occasion. Hopefully we’ll be able to get some done after Diwali.
- My engagement ring is finalized, yay. I was torn between buying an expensive one which I cannot possibly wear everyday or something that’s not very expensive and something that I won’t fear loosing every time I go out of the house. But it’s settled and I’m relieved. I’ll have a picture up as soon as I get the delivery.
- One more thing. I will be moving to Singapore. I love traveling but I always wanted to live and work in another country and I’m happy it’s Singapore. I’m trying for a transfer but if not possible I’m also looking for a new job. But things are not looking up. Mostly Singapore is hiring people with Chinese Origin which is fair enough but that kind of makes it difficult for me. If not possible from here, I’ll try for a job once I shift there. Does anyone know of a job site specific to Singapore?
- I’m not sure how much time I’ll get to read after the wedding, at least for a couple of months until everything is settled, so I’m not taking any chances. I’ll be finishing all the review copies before the wedding which aren’t that many. I have reduced a lot of ARC’s which makes me really glad.
- Speaking of books I have already send a bag full of books to Singapore with my guy when he was in India last time. I’ll try to slip in more when he comes again for Diwali.
- Also, thank you so much everyone for your warm wishes on my wedding announcement post as well as my birthday post. You have no idea how happy it made me.
- Now I’m off to check my Google Reader. It’s been some time since I have visited all the lovely blogs.